Consumer Promotion Terms and conditions
Qualifying Products: Castrol 1 & 4 litre packs of Castrol Lubricants.
Promotional mechanism: Enter the competition via a QR code, to be entered into a prize draw.
Promotional Outlets: Authorised Castrol Retailers and Motorfactor outlets.
Promotional participants: All customers purchasing a Qualifying Product.
Terms of the promotion: A QR code will be shown on shelf talker (the card that sits on the edge of the shelf) that have a Qualifying Product of the authorised outlets, during the promotion period only. Full terms and conditions are shown below.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the “Terms”)
1. The Promoter is Lubricants UK Limited (reg. no. 00097216) of Chertsey Road, Sunbury On Thames, Middlesex, TW16 7BP] (“Castrol”).
2. This promotion is open to individuals aged 18+ residing in England, Scotland and Wales.
3. The prize draw is not open to employees, consultants, contractors or agents of Castrol or any of its affiliates, their families or anyone else associated with the promotion. For the purpose of these Terms, “Affiliate” of Castrol shall mean Castrol’s parent undertaking or its subsidiary undertaking or a subsidiary of its parent undertaking or any other person controlled by or under the same control either directly or indirectly. Parent undertaking and subsidiary undertaking will have the meanings attributed to them in section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006.
4. Castrol reserves the right to disqualify any entrant, in the event of fraud, spamming such other act(s).
5. Prizes include
- A TV worth up to the value of £4000. The winner can choose the TV from https://www.currys.co.uk/ not exceeding the value of £4000.
- A surround sound system to the value of £1300. The winner can choose the sound system from https://www.currys.co.uk/ not exceeding the value of £1300.
- HUSKY Budweiser HUS-HU253 Drinks Cooler – Red to the value of £149
6. Prize details are correct at the date of publication. Castrol reserves the right to substitute any element of the prizes with a prize of a similar nature or value as reasonably determined by the promoter, should the prizes become unavailable for any reason.
7. Castrol aims to deliver all prizes by December 31st 2023, any delay beyond this date will be notified to winners in writing.
HOW TO PLAY
8. You must purchase a Qualifying Product in order to participate in this promotion.
9. A Qualifying Product is: Castrol 1 & 4 litre packs of Castrol Lubricants.
a. Any 1 litre or 4 litre pack of Castrol Lubricants brought at a participating retailer:
The Promotion opens at 7:00 GMT on Wednesday 1st November and closes at 23.59 GMT on Thursday 30th November (“Entry period”)
10. During the entry period participants must scan the QR code to obtain access to the qualifying website (win.castrolredeem.com by Thursday 30th November) enter in the relevant details and submit their information.
11. Upon entering the required details into the site, you will be notified via an onscreen message, confirming submission of your entry and you will be notified should you be a prize winner and not otherwise.
12. To be entitled to receive a prize, the notified winner has to produce the receipt of proof of purchase of the Qualifying Product. Failing which, the winner will be disqualified, and the promoter, is entitled to choose an alternative prize winner.
13. A receipt must be produced by the winning participant to prove that they purchased a Qualifying Product in the promotional entry period after the winner has been chosen at random and notified. If this is not produced, Castrol have the right to withhold the prize and pick an alternative winner.
14. There will only be one winner for the prize whom will be chosen at random by a third party appointed by Castrol.
15. The prize, if won by a participant, must be taken as offered, may not be deferred, is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
16. Castrol may withhold the prizes if it is found after the winner is announced that the winner did not meet the eligibility criteria as set out in these terms; or is in breach of the terms; or has fraudulently obtained a prize under this Promotion.
17. Castrol may amend the Terms or cancel the Promotion (either in whole or for residents of a specific country or territory), substitute the prizes, and/or withdraw the prizes, at any time. Other than where such amendment or cancellation is required as a result of an unavoidable event beyond the reasonable control of Castrol, such amendment or cancellation shall not affect you if you have already made a product purchase.
18. Complaints should be directed to UK Marketing team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. All trademarks, text, images, and logos relating to Castrol or third parties involved in this Promotion and used in relation to it, are the exclusive property of Castrol or those third parties and participation in the Prize Draw does not confer any rights to a participant in or over or grant any right to use these.
20. If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
21. These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English and Welsh law. Disputes arising out of or in connection with either the Prize Draw or these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. However, if you reside in Scotland, or elsewhere in the European Union, you still have the benefit of any applicable rights under the laws of, and the right to bring an action before the courts of, your country of habitual residence.